TERMS & CONDITIONS,
& COVID SAFETY
BOOKING INFO FOR WEEKLY YOGA CLASSES
Advance booking is required: I take bookings on a week-by-week basis.
For the Tuesday Lotus Loft class in Exeter, I will take payment by card/contactless at the studio on the day of the class.
* Book up to 7 days in advance via email or use the contact form here, -booking closes 12 noon on the day of each class. (You are welcome to try booking after 12 noon on the day but I may not see your message in time to reply.)
* Pay on the day at the studio (card/contactless preferred).
* Please arrive no more than 10 mins before class starts (ie 4.35pm)
* Please honour your booking & show up on the day - I may have had to turn down others who could have taken your place.
I will ask no-shows and late cancellations (ie cancelling after 12 noon on the day of the class) to still pay for their place as I need to make every booking count.
* Please bring your own mat (& any props you need), if possible. The studio does have mats you can borrow if necessary.
See here for more info about how the Lotus Loft is providing a covid-safe space for you and see here for more Covid-related safety and booking Ts & Cs.
BOOKING FOR WEEKEND YOGA WORKSHOPS
Advance booking & payment is essential for all weekend Yoga workshops
-booking usually opens 6 weeks prior to the event..
Payment is required at the time of booking to secure your place. Please only book if/when you know you can commit to coming as no refunds or transfers to other events are permitted - see below..
Workshop bookings close 12 noon the day before the workshop. (They may be full well before this though). This deadline allows the necessary time to confirm information, process payments and also for me to prepare materials for each participant. (Please note that for cacao ceremonies - see below - booking closes earlier.)
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR WEEKEND YOGA WORKSHOPS
(this includes Yoga Cacao Nidra workshops but NOT Cacao Ceremonies, which are different to YCN workshops - see below):
- All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to other events ** -so please only book when you are ready to commit.
- However, if your plans change, you can gift your place to a friend (they'll need to contact me in advance so I can check any relevant health info with them ahead of the workshop, & send them the pre-workshop info email which I send out a few days ahead of each event.
** The one exception to the no refunds/no transfers rule is that, if you or someone you live with develops any symptoms of covid or tests positive with or without any symptoms, you must not come to the workshop of course. So in this one situation, you will be able to transfer your booking to another event. I would ask that you give me as much notice as possible, but even if it ends up being on the same day I will have to honour this policy. I just ask people to be mindful of my own situation (ie lost earnings after an already tough pandemic!) and so please respect this is the one exception. I may need to ask for evidence of your Covid situation - thank you in advance for your co-operation. (See here for more Covid-related safety & booking Ts & Cs.)
By booking and confirming with payment, you are agreeing to the above terms and conditions.
BOOKING FOR WOMEN'S SACRED CACAO CEREMONIES
Advance booking & payment is essential for all cacao ceremonies:
Booking opens 6 weeks before each date.
Bookings closes 48hrs before each ceremony. (They tend to fill up well in advance of that though!)
The booking process for cacao ceremonies is more complex than for Yoga workshops (including Yoga Cacao Nidra) as I need to check contraindications/dosage with you in advance, and also you need time to prepare yourself and a list of things to bring to the ceremony. (I send out the pre-ceremony info one week before each event but up to 48hrs in advance, will still allow time to prepare.)
Late bookings are really not an option for ceremonies unless you're a previous attender and familiar with all the necessary preparation etc.
However, if a ceremony is fully booked, I can take names for a reserve list in case there are any covid-related cancellations in the week leading up to the ceremony; in these cases I can sometimes reallocate bookings with sufficient notice.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR WOMEN'S SACRED CACAO CEREMONIES:
(please note that Yoga Cacao Nidra workshops are not cacao ceremonies - see the Ts & Cs for Yoga workshops if you're coming to a Yoga Cacao Nidra):
- All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to other events ** - so please only book when you are ready to commit.
- However, if your plans change, you can gift your place to a friend (they'll need to contact me in advance so I can check they'll be ok with cacao & if any contraindications apply ahead of the ceremony, & send them the important pre-ceremony info email which I send out a few days ahead of each event.
** The one exception to the no refunds/no transfers rule is that, if you or someone you live with develops any symptoms of covid or tests positive with or without any symptoms, you must not come to the ceremony of course. So in this one situation, you will be able to transfer your booking to another event. I would ask that you give me as much notice as possible, but even if it ends up being on the same day I will have to honour this policy. I just ask people to be mindful of my own situation (ie lost earnings after an already tough pandemic!) and so please respect this is the one exception. I may need to ask for evidence of your Covid situation - thank you in advance for your co-operation. (See here for more Covid-related safety and booking Ts & Cs)
***Please note: LATECOMERS CANNOT BE ADMITTED TO CACAO CEREMONIES - there are no exceptions to this!***
Due to the nature of the ceremony I cannot break off once I've started, and will not be holding up the start to accommodate latecomers (All based on previous experience sadly.) This means that if, as usually happens, the ceremony runs from 2 - 5pm, you will need to be there 10-15mins early ie 1.45 / 1.50pm so that you have time to set yourself up and so that I can be in the space ready to begin at 2.
It is your responsibility to arrive at the venue in good time. I don't want anyone to miss a ceremony but have to be really strict on this policy!
By booking and confirming your payment, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
COVID SAFETY AT YOGA CLASSES, YOGA WORKSHOPS & CACAO CEREMONIES
*The first ethical precept (Yama) of classical Yoga is "Ahimsa" - non-harm; and Buddhism emphasizes "Karuna" - compassion...
Kindness, mindfulness, compassion, sensitivity, tolerance, non-harm & respect for other beings are at the heart of such paths.
The pandemic is a real, ongoing situation: it is vital that everyone comes willing to be considerate of others, sharing the space in a way that allows everyone to feel safe, and also takes some responsibility for not passing on a virus which impacts not only people's health but also their livelihoods and ability to work.
* Please wear a face covering inside the building until you're on your mat in the studio space, if possible. You are NOT required to wear a face covering once you're on your mat.
* Please sanitise your hands on entry - sanitiser dispensers are provided at both venues.
* Remove shoes and leave them in reception / outside the studio space.
* Please observe physical distancing throughout the venue.
* Group sizes are limited
* You are not required to wear a face covering during the session itself, once you're on your mat. I've been teaching classes & holding cacao ceremonies during these pandemic times (when not in lockdown) and by observing physical distancing, good hygiene and keeping rooms ventilated, there haven't been any Covid transmission cases that I know of.
That said, please respect that some people may wish to keep their face coverings on throughout the class, and other people may be exempt from wearing a face covering at all.
*You are not required to have the NHS app or scan any QR codes (unless you wish to),I will simply keep a record of your name and email contact for 3 weeks after each class/event just in case anyone subsequently tests positive or learns they've been in close contact with someone who has.
*Obviously: if you develop any Covid symptoms, or live with someone who does, or if you or someone you've been in close contact with tests positive for Covid with or without any symptoms, please do not come to the session! Please email me in advance if this is the case so that I know you are not coming.
Advance warning is also appreciated as the session might be fully booked and I may have turned down bookings from other people who could've used the place with a bit of notice.
As explained above, bookings & payments for Yoga workshops and cacao ceremonies are non-refundable and non-transferable to other events; the only exception is that if you develop any Covid symptoms or test positive, or live with someone who does, or if you or someone you've been in close contact with tests positive for Covid with or without any symptoms, in this one instance you will be permitted to transfer your booking to another workshop or ceremony, subject to availability. (You may also need to pay the extra difference if the event you transferred to costs more than the event you paid for - my cacao ceremonies are usually priced slightly higher than Yoga workshops.
Covid-related situations are the one exception to my usual no transfers-to-other-events policy. No refunds are possible but I can transfer your booking to another date.
* I may need to ask for evidence of your Covid situation - thanks in advance for your co-operation on this.
You can, however, gift your place to a friend - transferring your place at the same event to someone else is ok as long as you let me know who they are in advance so I can contact them. (This is especially important if they are taking your place at a cacao ceremony as I need to discuss contraindications/dosage with them in advance. Ideally 48hrs notice for this please.)